wHAT OUR PRESENTATION IS ALL ABOUT
It’sTime2! has presented to over 5,000+ students in 2018 and is scheduled to speak to over 10,000 students in the 2019-2020 school year.
This impactful presentation uses real stories to inspire young people to accept one another, treat each other with respect regardless of their perceived differences, empowers students to make the right choices and to speak openly about the reality of bullying, mental health issues and teen suicide.
The presentation also touches on racism, sexism, prejudice, intolerance and divisiveness which are common problems affecting society as a whole.
A combination of interactive activities, real-world storytelling and engaging media allows Dr. Ceccarelli to capture the assembly's attention and encourages students to look introspectively into their relationships with others.
The students are left with the challenge of becoming a part of the solution and are given an opportunity to ask questions and engage with the presenter for additional perspective.
The presentation is typically 60 minutes in length but can be modified to fit the needs relevant to your student body.
Contact us to inquire further about bringing the It'sTime2! presentation to your school or district.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE SCHOOLS IT'STIME2! HAS PRESENTED AT IN 2019:
HERE ARE SOME OF THE SCHOOLS WHERE PRESENTATIONS ARE SCHEDULED:
- Alter High School - Kettering, OH
- Bellbrook Middle School Eighth Grade Ambassador Group - Bellbrook, OH
- Carlisle High School - Carlisle, OH
- Carlisle Middle School - Carlisle, OH
- Centerville High School - Centerville, OH
- Eaton High School - Eaton, OH
- Fairborn High School - Fairborn, OH
- Fairmont High School - Kettering, OH
- Fulton Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Hayward Middle School- Springfield, OH
- Horace Mann Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Lagonda Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Lincoln Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Kenwood Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Kettering Middle School, Kettering, OH
- Morton Middle School - Vandalia, OH
- Perrin Woods Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Simon Kenton Elementary - Springfield, OH
- St. Albert the Great - Kettering, OH
- St. Brigid Catholic School - Xenia, OH
- Schaefer Middle School - Springfield, OH
- Snowhill Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Snyder Park Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Springboro Junior High - Springboro, OH
- Springfield High School - Springfield, OH
- Roosevelt Middle School - Springfield, OH
- Miami Trace High School - Washington Court House, OH
- Miami Trace Middle School - Washington Court House, OH
- Mother Brunner Catholic School - Trotwood, OH
- Warder Park Elementary - Springfield, OH
- Tecumseh High School - Tecumseh, OH
- Tower Heights Middle School - Centerville, OH
- Jane Chance Elementary - Miamisburg, OH
- Watts middle school - Centerville, OH
- St. Charles Middle School - Kettering, OH
- Covington Middle and High Schools - Covington, OH
- Columbus OH Metro Middle School - Columbus, OH
- Chaminade- Julienne - Dayton, OH
- Spencerville High School - Spencerville, OH
- Dayton Stem school - Dayton, OH
- Tecumseh Middle School - Tecumseh, OH
- Fairfield City Schools - Fairfield, OH
HERE ARE SOME OF THE SCHOOLS WHERE PRESENTATIONS ARE SCHEDULED:
- Oakwood High School - Oakwood, OH
- Beavercreek High School - Beavercreek, OH
- Magsig Middle School - Centerville, OH
- Miami Valley School, Centerville, OH
- Bellbrook High School, Bellbrook, OH
- Dayton Christian - Dayton, OH
- More To Be Announced Soon!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
- Aaron Oakes (Principal at Tecumseh High School)
"Today's students are struggling with mental health and other issues resulting from bullying and the pressure to succeed, Brian Ceccarelli and his It's Time 2 organization tackles the issues head on with a straight forward message that challenges students to be the solution to the problem. Brian's presentation is a reminder that when we begin each day we can choose to be kind, inclusive, supportive, etc. or we can choose to be a part of the problem. The great thing about Brian's message is that it covers a wide range of topics that all relate to bullying and often times are the source of teenage mental health issues that result in suicide. Racism, sexism, divisiveness, prejudice, intolerance, etc. are all a part of his message and challenge to students to end those sources of bullying and teen suicide. Dr. Ceccarelli has a powerful message and had a tremendous impact on our students. We are hopeful that we can use the momentum he created to change our culture and climate to make Tecumseh High School a place where all students choose to be kind and inclusive."
- Megan Reinhart (Counselor at Morton Middle School)
"Brian came to our school and spoke to our 8th grade students. The way he opens up his presentation really gets the students engaged. They want to listen to him because he is a “real” person. Not just another one of “those speakers.” The message was very emotional and touching. There were a few tears in the crowd as his story hit home to a lot of students. He focuses on how to change and how to reach out to others. Showing respect to people. Understanding that everyone has a story. The students stated that Brian was “energetic and engaging.” Brian went above and beyond and purchased bracelets for all of our students with his motto “It’s time 2________________” #respect1another. This is a daily reminder of his presentation and his message. Thanks, Brian for making a difference at our school!"
- K.R. (Parent)
"My daughter was at the presentation at school today and was very moved by it. She showed me videos and told me how blessed she is and thanked me for giving her the life she has. We do have a 17-year-old daughter who struggles with mental health and suicidal ideation. My mother committed suicide when my children were young as well and it has deeply affected all of us. I am so grateful for what you are doing and the impression you made on my daughter today."
- Terese Switalski (School Counselor at Mother Brunner Catholic School)
"Dr. Brian Ceccarelli was the guest speaker at Mother Brunner Catholic School in October 2018 for Bully Prevention month. He integrated his presentation into a student lead Bully Prevention Rally perfectly. His "Love Your Neighbor" message had spiritual undertones which made it perfect for the Catholic School setting but was not overly preachy and could be of great benefit to public schools as well. In addition to Bully Prevention, Dr. Ceccarelli's presentation is a great springboard for classroom discussions on values, character, privilege, class and leaving a positive impact on the world.
Many students were moved by his willingness to open up about his life experiences, as he shares that he came from humble beginnings and was able to become a surgeon.
"It was cool that he opened up to us and shared his story" -8th-grade student
"You don't know what others are going through so don't assume anything" - 5th-grade student
Other students also valued his lessons on privilege.
"I liked how he had us recognize different experiences in our life by stepping off a line, It taught me that not everyone is the same and about advantages and disadvantages. I was surprised that people at the same school had such different life experiences"- 8th-grade student
Another students reaction to Dr. Ceccarelli's presentation sums up his message well: "We need to watch how we treat each other because you never know what has been through"- 5th-grade student
I highly recommend Dr. Ceccarelli as s guest speaker for anyone wanting to engage in school-wide discussions on Bullying, Racism, Kindness, Class, Privilege, or Values."
- Dr. Arvin Nanda
"Dr. Ceccarelli came to speak to over 200 local physicians at the Family Practice Review & Reunion Conference on February 9, 2018. He lead the discussion on how he believes we can change the tone of negativity in our society. By the end of his talk, I think we all embraced the values he espoused of eliminating racism, bullying, loving your neighbor and lifting each other up. The Dayton community has not lost an excellent Orthopedic surgeon, we have gained an understanding leader to guide us to be the people we were intended to be. What a blessing to our community!"
- Coleen Henderson (School Counselor)
"It’s Time 2 came and spoke to our upper-level grades, 5-8. The presentation was very well done. It covered topics such as suicide, bullying, privilege, etc. Many of his videos and presentations are already on his website. Dr. Ceccarelli is a living example of what it is like to overcome adversity and use it to succeed in life instead of being defeated by it, which is a message that is important for everyone to hear and understand. One of the videos on the website is of a woman named Jessica. She actually came and spoke briefly about being bullied in high school and her attempts to take her own life. She does not go into detail about that but focuses on how the bullying made her feel and how it still impacts her to this day. This reminded the students that their actions today can impact their classmates for the rest of their lives. The students all found her to be inspirational and were very impressed she was there. Overall, I feel that the presentation was well received by students and staff alike. The students participated in the conversation and asked very poignant questions. Some of the comments I heard from students after include:
"I thought I was a good person before, but this really challenged me to try and be better." 7th grader
"We should start a club." several kids throughout the grades
"I think someone who has picked on me before is being nicer to me this afternoon because of that talk." 8th grader
"That was really deep. Like in a good way...really deep." 6th grader
"Life changing" 5th grader"